Overview of “The Rules”
The event is a six-hour endurance event. However, we do not time or count laps and it is strictly not a ‘race’. The start is a Le Mans style footrace from the far side of the track (that’s a distance of about 10 feet for the salad dodgers). We then run the peds around the course for approx. three hours – or as long as the ped runs without breaking down. After lunch we re-start in the same way but run the afternoon session in reverse (no not the peds, the track).
Eligibility and equipment
The standard OMCC Event Terms and Conditions apply to this event. Riders need to have a valid driving licence (CBT or car licences are ok) and wear suitable protective clothing, full face helmet, gloves and boots. Leathers are recommended, one piece or zip together two-piece with a long zip. Cordura type gear is generally acceptable but we’d recommend that this has body armour (knee and elbow pads as a minimum) underneath and would also recommend that all riders wear back protectors.
Your trusty steed must comply with some basic requirements:
2. Engine capacity must NOT exceed 50cc for two strokes or 90cc for four strokes.
3. One moped per team. You can run two mopeds if you pay for two teams.
4. Mopeds to be adequately silenced, excessively noisy bikes will fail scrutineering. Teams with bikes that become noisy in use may be asked to correct this if they wish to continue.
5. All glass items (headlamps, indicators, etc.) are to be removed or taped up.
6. Mopeds must have adequate front and rear brakes.
7. Tyres are to be in a safe condition and have reasonable amount of tread.
8. Mopeds must have a clearly marked on/off (kill) switch (a Tie-wrap on the HT lead will not do).
9. The fuel system is to be free of leaks, the tank is to have a sealing cap and have means of shutting off the fuel supply.
10. Mini-Moto’s and pit-bikes are not classified as mopeds and are therefore not eligible for the Event. The organisers decision on this is final.
Participants are responsible for their own and the safety of others. Explicitly dangerous riding will not be tolerated. Your team may be asked to take a 10 minute ‘breather’ if aggressive riding is seen. That will be the one and only warning – any further issues will mean removal from the event.
Entry and Payment
Application and payment are now made via PayPal from the Events Calendar, click on the event to expand it, read the instructions on completion of the fields and then add to your basket, you don’t have to be a paid up member to purchase a ticket for the mopedathon. If you have any extra charity donations above the £100 entry fee, these may be handed in to the event organiser on the day.