Help us to help you – Advanced ARD Booking Option

zx10rgod

Postby zx10rgod » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:21 am

What this means is that if you have missed out on booking an ARD event, or are free for the day and can come along and help out the committee and other club members (usually by marshalling for the day), you will be recognised for your efforts by being guaranteed to be able to book the next ARD event well ahead of it going live on the website, thus ensuring your attendance as a thank you from the club and from those club members who were able to ride.

How this works
If you are a club member and
- marshal at the next ARD and/or
- nominate family member(s) or friend(s) to marshal at the next ARD
- and are seen to regularly (i.e. more than a one off) help the committee setup and tear down the ARD circuit

..then within a short period following the ARD you will receive an emailed invoice from OMCC PayPal for purchasing a place on the following ARD, e.g. if you supported the April ARD, you will receive an email invoice for a place at the July ARD.

For the final ARD of the year, which is usually in September, when to be fair the date of the following years April ARD is unknown, you will receive an email confirming we have your details recorded. When the dates for the following years events are confirmed, you will then receive an email invoice from OMCC PayPal for the first ARD. Acceptance and payment will require you to be a club member at the time the messages goes out (likely February time-frame for an April’ish ARD).

You must submit your nomination for marshalling via the ARD thread on the club forum ahead of the event. The marshals list will close before the event (i.e. no last minute entries as we need to circulate the final attendees list internally).

OMCC marshals do not need previous experience as full training is given on the day.

All marshals get a free lunch from the burger wagon, £20 in their pocket.

Vague rules
Only one Advanced ARD booking option per club member. We would be very happy if you bring along 10x friends to help out, but this will only result in one Advanced ARD booking option per club member.

All marshals must sign the marshals register form during the day to confirm attendance. This list ensures we know who to send the Advanced ARD Booking Option to.

All marshals must be over the age of 18.

You will have a maximum 14-days to accept and pay the invoice before it automatically expires.
If you accept and pay within the time-period before the invoice expires you will be confirmed on that ARD. If you do not accept the invitation it will expire and you will have to join the queue for the ARD places along with everyone else.

Events cannot be transferred, e.g. having supported the April ARD, if you suddenly can’t make the July ARD we are unable to transfer the Advanced ARD booking option to September’s ARD.

melsmotors

Re: Help us to help you – Advanced ARD Booking Option

Postby melsmotors » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:23 am

Hi Guys,

I am happy to help out as a marshal on the next ARD day if you're still looking for volunteers

Mel

Sponger

Advanced ARD Booking Option - Marshal offers are go!

Postby Sponger » Thu May 19, 2016 11:35 am

The invoices for the advanced booking of the July ARD for all those who marshalled or nominated a marshall are now out!

If you think you should have had one but haven't, please let me know.

:D
Cheers,

Dale

vanbas

Re: Advanced ARD Booking Option - Marshal offers are go!

Postby vanbas » Tue May 31, 2016 5:38 pm

Sponger wrote:The invoices for the advanced booking of the July ARD for all those who marshalled or nominated a marshall are now out!

If you think you should have had one but haven't, please let me know.

:D

Only just seen this, what about if you helped set up or tear down the ard? I thought that counted too?

Thanks,

omccadmin
Site Admin

Re: Advanced ARD Booking Option - Marshal offers are go!

Postby omccadmin » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:18 pm

vanbas wrote:
Only just seen this, what about if you helped set up or tear down the ard? I thought that counted too?

Thanks,

It does, but please note that it was stipulated that if you helped to setup AND breakdown the course then you would have pre booking option available to you. It is all too often that we get the help en-mass setting up but tearing down is always the committee members left to do it, including picking up all the litter and debris left in the paddock area (for some reason more-so at the last ARD - It has been noted).

If you help out with both, then you will be given the opportunity to secure you place at the next ARD well in advance of the official launch.

Colin1511

Postby Colin1511 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi
Tina Relf Will Marshal for me at next ARD on 19th July She got Ford Focus EN03NSJ
Thanks Colin

zx10rgod

Postby zx10rgod » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:03 pm

Colin1511 wrote:Hi
Tina Relf Will Marshal for me at next ARD on 19th July She got Ford Focus EN03NSJ
Thanks Colin

May I suggest you post this on the dedicated forum thread for the July ARD...

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2166

bobgowman

Postby bobgowman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi I am Happy to Marshal at the April ARD

Bob Gowman
07796 880433
MW53 VFK

thanks

Return to “Airfield Riding Days”